Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates to deliver our innovative products. The Data Center Strategic Planning & Analytics team is seeking a technically minded workforce strategy analyst to support various people-related analyses and initiatives within the data center organization. This role will be key to ensuring that our organization grows strategically; you’ll partner with various teams on analyses and reporting that will support key business strategies that directly impact our people. This is a 12-week internship on our Infrastructure Data Center team and is located in our Fremont, CA office.
- Develop analyses and/or reporting around the Data Center people space
- Work cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, build analytical models and make recommendations to the business
- Use quantitative methods to analyze data and deliver findings to help leaders better understand the organization, and enable them to take actionable steps
- Develop best practices for reporting, analytics, and generation of key metrics
- Apply your expertise to see beyond the numbers, identifying trends that drive data-driven decision making within the Data Center people space
- Leverage your strong technical and analytical skills to develop insights from data that significantly impact how we run our business
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, an MBA or a PhD in a related field (e.g., Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, HR Management)
- Deeply interested in organizational behavior and in understanding what motivates people
- Minimum of 2+ years of technical experience in an analytics or business strategy/consulting environment preferred
- Experience with large-scale, dynamic technical projects
- Experience with Tableau, Excel and SQL
- Ability to think analytically (e.g., hands-on with data) and strategically
- Able to clearly and concisely explain the output of technical analyses to non-technical members of the HR, Recruiting, and business functions
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Hands-on experience within the HR or people space – interpreting data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, and reporting results across diverse technical and non-technical groups
- Experience with HR Information Systems (e.g., Workday, Salesforce)
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.