Website UnityPoint Health
The UnityPoint Health Accounting Intern will complete special projects and assist with month-end close for accounting function. Position will become familiar with the accounting system as well as develop core competencies in not-for-profit accounting. Position will develop competencies through project work for Executive Directors, Directors, and Managers.
- Prepare and document monthly general journal entries to reflect proper account balances at month end.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations for financial statement accuracy and adherence to generally accepted accounting principles and UnityPoint Health general financial policies.
- Learn the function of Staff Accountant role by participating in the month-end close process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support Accounting projects as assigned.
- Project work across all functional teams includes unclaimed property, optimizing use of lockbox accounts, managing outstanding checks, and annual fixed asset review.
- Enrolled in a Bachelors in Accounting degree program or other relevant field
- Enrolled in a Master of Accounting degree program
- Pursuing 150 hour CPA
- Must have knowledge of general accounting, financial statement presentations and statistical presentation necessary to support financial reporting.
- Use of Microsoft Office, particularly spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as team member, creating and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.