Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Business Planning & Operations (BP&O) team is part of Facebook’s Infrastructure Data Center – Sourcing Operations Engineering team and we are seeking a Business Planning & Operations Intern. We are responsible for running integrated business planning, performing cost management, and supporting ongoing supply chain business operations. We are a small, tight knit team with a strong focus on learning and development. We are data driven problem solvers who can drive strategy and operations and develop data center infrastructure recommendations. We are a thought partner to senior leaders to effectively deliver innovative and actionable solutions for complex business and organization issues.
- Business operations: establish and lead operational reviews and rhythm of the business to drive decision-making and review progress on goals and priorities (e.g. monthly/quarterly business reviews)
- Business operations: improve operational excellence through identification and execution of initiatives that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches to the business. This includes identifying ways in which tools can be built and deployed to improve workflows
- Stakeholder management: build strong relationships with stakeholders to understand priorities, and to collaborate and work with them on actions that need to be taken to improve FB’s Data Center program
- Manage ambiguity: understand complex business problems across the business and conduct analysis that identifies meaningful insights that helps FB’s Data Center program improve
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Masters of Business Administration degree (MBA)
- Experience in problem solving and providing business insights and recommendations from data sets
- Demonstrated experience working independently, managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field
- Proven stakeholder management experience – including managing multiple partners simultaneously
- Proven record to influence executive audiences while demonstrating objectiveness and effective communications
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (in particular, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills)
- Data Center industry experience and experience in areas such as supplier management, project management, global operations, and/or cost controls in industry
- Experience in management consulting
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.