Website Tetra Tech
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
This is a student internship located in Tetra Tech’s Irvine, CA office. The successful intern will be responsible for providing engineering support for the site/civil and transportation group. Typical projects include a wide variety of municipal, commercial, and Federal Department of Defense projects including: storm water, grading, sewer, water, streets, bikeways, bridges, retaining walls, parks, and related ancillary facilities. The intern may be expected to be available part-time during the school year. Applicants: Please include a cover letter with your submission.
- Assist in design and permitting of projects
- Perform conceptual and detailed design calculations and analyses
- Assist in preparation of detailed engineering reports and supporting documents
- Assist in preparation of construction drawings, specifications and cost estimates
- Ensure standard engineering practices and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various reports and design projects
- Interface with other engineering disciplines
- Plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective and compliant manner
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Familiarity with relevant codes and industry standards.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project) programs. Familiarity with Microstation a plus.
- Third or fourth year student enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Civil Engineering
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability – No calls or agencies