AMIDEAST is the leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities exclusively in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). We offer generous paid leave and a great 401k with up to 6% matching.
We are seeking a Communications Intern for our headquarters’ communications team to support our social media efforts, as well as other communications activities. We are looking for someone with superior writing skills, creativity, and Internet savviness who is keenly interested in the MENA region and is passionate about our mission.
- Developing and publishing creative content for our social media accounts
- Assisting in the writing and updating of website content; press releases; and news articles
- Researching topics related to education and socioeconomic development in the MENA region
- Working on infographics and other graphic representations of AMIDEAST’s work for online presentations
- Updating contact lists
- Performing other tasks as may be required
- Superior writing and research skills
- Experience with Hootsuite, HTML, and social media metrics desired
- A quick learner, capable of working independently and possessing a strong attention to detail
- Arabic and French language skills strongly desired
- Demonstrated interest in the Middle East and North Africa region
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style, AP Stylebook, Photoshop, InDesign, and/or video software
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field or a recent graduate; communications, English, marketing, or Middle Eastern studies majors preferred
Please submit your resume and cover letter to http://jobs.amideast.org.
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation