Requisition ID: 103062
Job Level: Internship
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Part Time
Corporate Communication is searching for a talented candidate to join its team as part of a three-month internship.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
This position is based out of 3555 Farnam Street, Omaha, NE 68131, a corporate office in a professional business setting.
- Researching, writing, editing and proofreading key company content, primarily for Kiewit’s web and social media sites
- Supporting the ongoing management of the company/subsidiary/project websites and social media accounts
- Providing creative and collaborative input on website designs and visual content for social media accounts
- Verifying facts, dates and statistics to support various communication initiatives
- Assisting with other special communication projects as assigned
- Providing administrative support to keep the team operating effectively
- Currently pursuing a degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Marketing, or related field of study
- High level of motivation, willingness to learn – a go-getter willing to go the extra mile
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, facts and accuracy; strong organizational skills
- Willing to work 5-10 hours a week
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with Adobe Creative Suite software preferred
- Ability to work in Omaha, Nebraska
- Strong grasp of AP style guidelines preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.