Communications, Social Media Intern
CALSTART has ongoing opportunities for highly motivated intern to support our communications effort. This 3-month, paid assignment will be in either Pasadena, Berkeley or Sacramento, CA and may be full or part-time. You will assist the Director of Communications with all aspects of developing and monitoring of social media platforms along with optimization of current platforms, creating content and representing CALSTART across social media channels, and executing social media strategies to enhance our online presence. You will join us at an exciting time for building the clean transportation technology industry. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the improvement of air quality, prevent climate change across the US!
Additionally, The Intern Will
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content (for all channels and ads) which includes: graphics, video, blog.
- Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising.
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers.
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way (like, follow, engage with followers and community).
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
This internship is located in Pasadena, Sacramento, OR Berkeley, CA. Please indicate in your cover letter your preferred location.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 27 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
Our member companies are diverse and include Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Peterbilt, General Motors, New Flyer, and Southern California Edison. We work with these member companies and the broader industry including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We operate from our offices in California, Colorado, Michigan, and New York. We believe now is our time and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
Our ideal candidate will have…
- Completed a least 2 year of accredited college/university level coursework pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or a related field
- Passion for the environment, preferably clean transportation
- Experience in content creation for blogs, social media or digital marketing
- A high level of motivation to learn the industry
- The ability to grasp new information and concepts quickly
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter,etc)
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQ+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.