Data Strategy & Operations team within Contracts & Exchanges is a team that is comprised of product owners for major functionality used across the department, data analytics, and overseas resources for our dedicated Engineering teams. The team works with our internal teams and businesses around the organization to streamline the workflows, champion improvements to controls, and drive better business results.
What is the role?
The Data Analytics Business Analyst will be collecting, synthesizing, and analyzing multi-dimensional large data sets using Tableu, SQL, and QLIK SENSE. You will be responsible for delivering this data and analytics quickly and accurately. Your data will be used to help the leadership team gain better insight into team productivity, employee performance, gaps in processes, and find opportunities for improvements. The role will also be empowered to represent our team as a key communication interface to lead projects, optimize processes and improve the quality of our data.
We”ll trust you too:
- Extract information from multiple databases to conduct analysis of operational performance, standardized reporting, statistical analysis, data collection, and data visualization
- Weekly and monthly internal business reporting for Managers and Senior Managers to understand the overall health of their team, traction, trends
- Support managers in interpreting relevant data to answer targeted business questions
- Draw on your scripting and programming skills to report on project progress, -create data visualizations, and propose new methods of analysis
- Troubleshoot discrepancies and reporting issues
- Build dashboards for metrics reporting and project management tracking tools
- Liaise with Business Managers to proactively manage risk
- Participate in department wide special projects
You”ll need to have:
- Bachelor”s degree in Information Systems
- 2-3 years of experience in managing and analyzing large data sets
- Have a high degree of comfort with ad hoc reporting technologies and programs
- Proficiency using data and statistical modeling to spot gaps and improve processes
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable working independently
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to work well with colleagues at all levels
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You’ll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients — and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
- Financial Services
- Information Services
- Information Technology & Services