TDS is excited to share a great opportunity within our internal controls and audit services team! The Data Analytics internship will offer you the unique opportunity to help build-out and execute data analytic functions in support of the TDS family of companies: U.S. Cellular®, TDS Telecom®, OneNeck IT Solutions®, BendBroadband and Suttle Straus®.
If you are ready to leverage your educational experiences, come join our diverse audit team at either the TDS corporate headquarters in Middleton, WI or in our U.S. Cellular office in Chicago, IL.
Due to current conditions we support virtual work until it is safe to return to the office.
As a Data Analytics Intern you will play an integral role in the following key activities:
- Help transform operational data into usable information based on business needs and requirements
- Identify and implement automation opportunities that streamline and enhance the audit process
- Design and perform data intensive audit testing and continuous monitoring
- Help find efficiencies with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and other compliance requirements, as well as data analysis to help drive risk identification
- Participate information gathering sessions with business process owners to understand data requirements and objectives
- Strengthen the effectiveness of the overall control environment
- Design reports and metrics to summarize information, leveraging automated solutions where possible.
Duration and Work Schedule
The ideal candidate would be available full-time during the summer of 2021. There may be an opportunity to stay on part-time during the academic school year of 2021-2022 depending on academic schedule and business needs. Core business hours are 7:45am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Start and end dates are flexible .
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree; Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science or similar major preferred
- Two or more semesters accounting, information systems or related coursework
- Proficient with MS Windows software
- Ability to write data analysis code (for example: SQL, SAS, Oracle, Tableau, or Python)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with sound decision making skills
- High sense of ownership over assigned responsibilities
- General understanding of GAAP, COSO, and Auditing pronouncements is desirable
- Keen attention to detail, strong project management skills and ability to multi-task
#TDS, a diversified Fortune 1,000® communications company, provides wireless, local, long-distance, Internet, satellite television and high-speed data services to customers across the country through our U.S. Cellular®, TDS Telecom®, OneNeck IT Solutions®, BendBroadband and Suttle Straus® brands.
For more information, please visit our website at http://tds.jobs .