Asurion’s internship program is a 12-week internship to help rising seniors get a sneak peek into the technology world. Assigned to a team, interns will have their own projects to complete and present to leadership at the end of the summer. The program will provide the intern with a unique strategic perspective, professional and personal development along the way, and experiences to enhance their academic learnings. Our goal is to allow for the intern to make contributions throughout the summer through project work, presentations and networking. Are you ready to join our award-winning virtual internship?
- Open to rising seniors currently enrolled in undergrad pursuing a degree related to internship duties or major below.
- Duration of virtual internship is 12 weeks from May 17th to August 6th 2021.
- Continuous learning and tailored on the job training in technology, product development and/or supply chain management.
- Exposure to senior leadership including but not limited to onboarding, learning and development sessions, and team business case presentations.
- Build an intern community through peer intern groups, mentors, direct intern leaders, senior leadership throughout the summer.
Preferred Majors: Students must be pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or related field, with a graduation date between August 2021 – May 2022
This is an awesome opportunity to work hands on in a cloud-based, enterprise-scale data platform, working as part of a team to build tools and processes that drive business critical decisions. Your internship with the Enterprise Data Services team will be an opportunity to experience what it takes to be a cloud data practitioner. You will be given the opportunity to be a part of our end-to-end design and development process, working with agile tools and techniques and AWS technologies, such as Lambda, RDS, Hive, and RedShift. We are looking for an intern who is curious, collaborative, and excited by the challenge of solving new problems.
- 0+ years of experience working in database, programming, or ETL context
- General understanding of database design best practices
- Strong foundational knowledge of SQL
- Python or other scripting/programming experience
- Ability to interpret technical requirements and assess how to best implement as a data service
- Excellent relationship management, verbal & written communication skills
- Work closely with technology analysts and software engineers to design end-to-end ETL processes to meet partner needs
- Collaborate with technology analysts to refine technical requirements for upcoming work
- Partner with software engineers to develop processes within our AWS environment
- Document new processes and changes to existing processes
- Work with software engineers and operations team to deploy changes to production
- Participate in team meetings, such as daily standups and retrospectives