About The Role And About You
If you believe curiosity is a verb and you always want to know the WHY behind the WHAT, come work in research at Zwift. Use your powers for good and help us build the best gamified fitness experience. If you see every challenge as an opportunity and want to be part of a collaborative environment where you are shaping the future of indoor cycling, join us.
The ideal person will possess an insatiable curiosity about the insights in our data, and be able to tell compelling stories to surface opportunities for the Product and Marketing teams. If this is you, and the thought of working for a company that blends fitness with the fun of video games sounds amazing, then please apply straight away.
There Are Two Data & Insights Intern Positions
- Product Analytics
What You’ll Do
- Help Zwift grow as a data-driven organization
- Help bring Zwift’s segmentation to life by collaborating with data scientists, analysts, strategists, etc to deeply understand customers and bring their motivations and needs to life
- Build strong relationships with product, content and marketing stakeholders, learning about their business areas, strategies and roadmaps, and developing a deep understanding of the needs of their customers
- Combine qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources (e.g., support, research, game, app, web, E-commerce) to proactively spot trends and surface customer insights
- Develop data, reports, and insights around product and content usage that help optimize product performance or inform the prioritization of new product developments
- Partner with product managers to identify new data requirements and work with data engineers and QA testers to implement and validate these new data pipelines
- Leverage SQL coding skills to build great visualizations and dashboards, that tell a clear story to stakeholders
- Present findings to stakeholders from the individual contributor to leadership level
What We’re Looking For
- You know a bit about research methods, qual, quant, both (what to ask, when and how)
- You’ve done some data analysis/synthesis (things like SPSS, R, SQL, working with qual data)
- You like storytelling (taking insights into action)
- Skilled in the use of SQL, Excel, and data visualization tools such as Periscope, Amplitude, Tableau
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and interest in structuring business problems into an analytics plan
- Confident communication skills, with the ability to construct compelling stories and to clearly articulate them to a wide range of audiences
- Experience with designing great visualizations and dashboards, combined with a detail-oriented approach to data quality validation
- Comfortable working in a remote environment across multiple teams
- Experience with Python, PySpark, R, or similar coding languages
- Passion for cycling, running, triathlons and/or experienced Zwifter
- You have experience/interest in UX research as well as consumer insights
- You can juggle (always a welcome skill)
How To Stand Out Among The Rest
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.