About the job
Asurion’s internship program is a 12-week internship to help rising seniors get a sneak peek into the technology world. Assigned to a team, interns will have their own projects to complete and present to leadership at the end of the summer. The program will provide the intern with a unique strategic perspective, professional and personal development along the way, and experiences to enhance their academic learnings. Our goal is to allow for the intern to make contributions throughout the summer through project work, presentations and networking. Are you ready to join our award-winning virtual internship?
- Open to rising seniors currently enrolled in undergrad pursuing a degree related to internship duties or major below.
- Duration of virtual internship is 12 weeks from May 17th to August 6th 2021.
- Continuous learning and tailored on the job training in technology, product development and/or supply chain management.
- Exposure to senior leadership including but not limited to onboarding, learning and development sessions, and team business case presentations.
- Build an intern community through peer intern groups, mentors, direct intern leaders, senior leadership throughout the summer.
Preferred Majors: Student must be pursuing Master’s Degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Advanced Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology or related quantitative field, or related field, with a graduation date between August 2021 – May 2022
This is an awesome opportunity to work hands on with a team of high performing Data Scientists focused on building data-driven products for millions of customers. Your internship with the Data Science team will be a deep dive into real-world data and sophisticated Machine Learning models. You will be given the opportunity to help out with all areas of the development process from ideation, research, experimentation, and scaling your solutions. As a member of our team, you will not just observe, but be an active participant in knowledge sharing sessions, brainstorming, workshops and design sprints as well as daily standups, retrospectives, & team outings. We are looking for an intern who is curious, humble and eager to learn – which is the way we all approach the work we do.
- 0+ years’ experience in machine learning, advanced predictive modeling, and complex data analysis
- Ability to simplify and turn complex business problems into mathematical models
- Ability to create low & hi-fidelity usable prototypes
- Experience with analysis tools & ability to gain proficiency with new tools quickly, such as SQL, RStudio, PyCharm, Jupyter, Anaconda, VSCode, etc.
- Familiar with (or able to learn quickly on the job) Amazon Web Services, such as S3, EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, Elastic BeanStalk, SageMaker.
- Excellent relationship management, verbal & written communication skills
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Gather and analyze large volumes of data, evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and supports decision making
- Design and drive the creation of new data products and analytical capabilities embedded in multiple business applications
- Design large scale models using Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Conjoint Analysis, Spatial models, Time-series models, and Machine Learning algorithms.
- Analyze and interpret the results of product experiments.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data.
- Utilize Natural Language Processing to analyze speech and social data.
- Interpret problems and provide solutions using appropriate data modeling techniques
- Develop prototypes for new data product ideas using Machine Learning, Deep Learning & AI.
- Communicate findings to product managers and development groups.