Website Rakuten Rewards
ShopStyle Collective is looking for a dynamic Data Science intern. You will be responsible for building and owning the next generation of search and content recommendation as well as other algorithms/systems that will make the experience for our many influencers and their followers personalized and unique. You’ll have the opportunity get to work closely with BI and our business partners to analyze business engagement content data to drive informed decisions and build predictive models on large-scale datasets to address various business problems through applying advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or deep learning techniques. The role provides access to multiple functional areas to develop a deep understanding of the business and a great opportunity to make an impact on the company’s success in the short and long-term.
- Make sense of text and image content data using NLP and deep learning approaches
- Research and develop state-of-the-art ML solutions to address web Bot fraud
- Research technologies and define architectural improvements. Build prototypes or core features
- Research and implement algorithms to optimize customer marketing experience using approaches such as reinforcement learning, HMM and/or deep learning
- Build predictive models on large-scale datasets to address various business problems through applying advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or deep learning techniques
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Deep understanding of statistical modeling and machine learning concepts
- Familiar with one or more machine learning or statistical modeling tools such as R, SciKitLearn, SparkMLib, Tensorflow
- Experience using Python or R; SQL a plus
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to tell a complete narrative using data to a variety of audiences
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent
- Graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
- Relevant major/area of study
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Relevant prior internship experience (preferred)
RAKUTEN SHUGI PRINCIPLES
Our worldwide practices describe specific behaviors that make Rakuten unique and united across the world. We expect Rakuten employees to model these 5 Shugi Principles of Success.
- Always improve, always advance.Only be satisfied with complete success – Kaizen.
- Be passionately professional.Take an uncompromising approach to your work and be determined to be the best.
- Hypothesize – Practice – Validate – Shikumika.Use the Rakuten Cycle to success in unknown territory.
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction.The greatest satisfaction for workers in a service industry is to see their customers smile.
- Speed!! Speed!! Speed!!Always be conscious of time. Take charge, set clear goals, and engage your team.