Website TDK InvenSense
DATA VISUALIZATION INTERN – Boston, MA
Founded in 2003, InvenSense Inc., a TDK Group Company, is the world’s leading provider of MEMS sensor platforms. InvenSense’s vision of Sensing Everything™ targets the consumer electronics and industrial markets with integrated Motion and Sound solutions. Our solutions combine MEMS (micro electrical mechanical systems) sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, and microphones with proprietary algorithms and firmware that intelligently process, synthesize, and calibrate the output of sensors, maximizing performance and accuracy. InvenSense’s motion tracking, audio and location platforms, and services can be found in many of the world’s largest and most iconic brands including smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones, gaming devices, internet of things, automotive products, and remote controls for smart TVs.
InvenSense is headquartered in San Jose, CA and has offices in Boston, China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, France, Canada, Slovakia, and Italy. We’re looking for top-notch innovators to join our global team. If you’re interested in being a part of our journey and helping us grow to become the leading provider of SoC platform solutions, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for motivated students to join our 2020 Summer Intern Program! Our intern program includes real work assignments, Intern Appreciation Day (interacting with CEO and VPs), Networking Lunch with hiring managers, technical talks, Tech Play Day, New Hire Panel with recent grads, off-site fun events, and more!
The Data Visualization Intern will work closely with the R&D Corporate Quality team to develop data visualization tools for quality improvement initiatives across the TDK/InvenSense Business Units and support organizations. The ideal candidate is curious, fascinated by technology, and inspired when it comes to tackling complex technical challenges in support of company initiatives. Data is your friend and you know how to turn chaos into organized, clear models through tools like Tableau/Qlikview. The TDK/InvenSense office is in the heart of downtown Boston with great views of the city, a highly collaborative environment and a team of bright, talented professionals.
- Bachelor of Science Student (Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering or Industrial Engineering)
- Experience with Tableau, QlikView or comparable data visualization tools. Tableau strongly preferred
- Ability to write scripts using Tableau, QlikView or other data visualization tools
- Strong IT skills and interest
- Understanding / experience of data visualization
- Understanding of complex database models
- Ability to research ‘How To’ in order to implement complex data models
- Ability to problem solve with limited supervision
- Knowledge of supply chain fundamentals