Website Wente Vineyards
Wente Vineyards is currently seeking an Engineering Intern to work with our Engineering and Maintenance Team for Summer 2020. The Engineering Intern should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and exposure to a variety of engineering disciplines. Reporting to the Director of Engineering and Maintenance, the Engineering Intern will have the opportunity to work on a several design and research projects across the company, providing a unique opportunity to gain exposure to many areas. These include winegrowing, manufacturing, irrigation and supply chain management. Our goal is to contribute to the Engineering Intern’s professional development, as well as to provide an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. Our needs are flexible and can accommodate any quarter/semester summer break schedule, provided the candidate is able to commit to full time (40 hours per week) hours for the majority of their term break.
- Assist in design projects utilizing AutoCAD. These may include preparing design calculations, working on equipment design and preparing detailed drawings.
- Assist in the design and development of bottling line modification options
- Perform studies of irrigation lines and propose modifications
- Perform studies throughout the manufacturing process to establish standards for direct labor hours
- Research and prepare data supporting project implementation costs
- Assist in the determination of equipment capacity and load planning data
- Other various projects as directed by the Engineering team
- Candidate must be working towards completion of a BS in an Engineering field (other majors will be considered, based on relevance)
- Candidate will have completed at least 2 years of studies
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Basic understanding of machines and mechanisms
- Basic understanding of data acquisition methods
- Experience with CAD tools, desired