Requisition ID: 104079
Job Level: Internship
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Part Time
We know you’re not just looking for an internship. You want an adventure — to do something that makes a real impact on the world around you. As an Environmental Intern, you’ll support the Environmental Team at our Corporate Home Office with regulatory research, participating in field exercises at projects, developing environmental articles, preparing and presenting training, and conducting vendor reviews. As you continue pursuing your degree during the school year, we’ll support you by offering real world experience at one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs. This position will be remote from anywhere within the US OR based out of our Kiewit Corporate office in Omaha, NE during the 2020/2021 school year.
- Support the Home Office Environmental department with regulatory research
- Keep abreast of Federal environmental legislation and regulations and conduct regulatory research
- Develop environmental articles for newsletter
- Assist with developing minutes for conference calls and training
- Graphing data for company environmental performance review
- Assist with preparation and presentation of environmental training
- Participate in field exercises at projects and conduct vendor reviews
- Overall department support and duties as assigned
- Pursuing a degree in environmental science or related field in environmental compliance or engineering
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented, flexible and highly motivated
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Team player but able to work independently to meet intense deadlines, goals and objectives
- Willingness and flexibility to travel as needed and relocate to a project in Summer 2021
- Ability to work 30-40 hours in the summer and 5-20 hours during the school year
- Junior year student preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.