Website Kite Pharma
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate individual to join our Summer Internship Program! As an intern at Kite, you’ll have the unique opportunity to learn about cell therapy from some of the brightest minds in biotech while making a meaningful impact. We’re committed to developing early talent, and we welcome motivated individuals with a passion for transforming the way cancer is treated. The program also offers the opportunity for networking within Kite and Gilead, social events with fellow interns and Kite leadership as well as career development trainings while providing competitive compensation and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
The individual in this intern position will be responsible for leading one or more workstreams as part of a larger project focusing on implementing various jurisdictional control solutions to ensure Kite delivers the right product to the right jurisdiction based on the approved version of a product or material. The cross-functional workstreams will focus on opportunities to enable system driven controls for planning and issuance to manufacturing of artwork components (e.g. labels and package inserts), as well as analyze and propose process/procedural improvements around review and obsoleting of Master Data and process documentation. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with Supply Chain, Quality, Process Development, and Manufacturing subject matter specialists. You will gain knowledge on cell therapy and Kite processes around product manufacturing, distribution, compliance, and processes & procedures for master data management and SOP compliance, among others.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead cross-functional workstream(s) spanning multiple Technical Operations functions
- Work with various subject matter specialists to assess current state processes
- Conduct partner interviews to identify problems and opportunities for improvement
- Lead meetings and workshops as needed, and project manage the workstream(s) achievements and results
- Collaborate with cross functional partners, both in the US and EU, considering interdependencies across Tech Ops, manufacturing network, and other partners as needed
- Work with the overarching Jurisdictional Control project lead to understand dependencies, connect the dots between all related workstreams, and identify harmonies
- Deep dive into corporate and manufacturing site processes to understand complexities, interdependencies, risks, and facilitate alignment across functions
- Identify solutions for improvements and build implementation plans
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time Graduate Degree program at an accredited university/college
- Must have completed at least one year of study at an accredited university/college prior to internship commencing
- Must be enrolled in the Fall Semester at an accredited university/college after the completion of the internship
- Must be able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between June and September
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without Kite sponsorship
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Degree concentration(s) in Supply Chain Management, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, or Life Sciences
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to identify issues and seek solutions, strong analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Project management experience a plus
- Proven initiative and leadership in a team or project environment a plus
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Self-starter and learner
- Ability to connect the dots between multiple processes
- Ability to manage ambiguity, simplify complexity, and achieve clarity
- Experience and interest in Operations Management and Data Management
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com . Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma .
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.