At Gentherm, we say, “It’s about the person.” We’re with you on a cold winter day when you turn on your heated seat and steering wheel or helping manage patient body temperature in the operating room, recovering room or intensive care units. We take a human approach with everything we do.
As the global leader in thermal management technologies we embrace the opportunity to create and deliver extraordinary thermal solutions that make meaningful differences in everyday life. We do this by improving health, wellness, comfort and energy efficiency.
We embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and combine that with our global leadership to deliver results. Working at Gentherm provides you the opportunity to not only shape the future of the automotive and medical industries, but also influence your career throughout the company. You will be engaged, challenged and inspired by our team to deliver leading thermal technologies that positively impact lives around the world.
IMPACT and OPPORTUNITY
Gentherm is looking for a highly motivated and knowledgeable HR Generalist to join our team! As our HR Generalist, you play a key role in our small but dynamic Corporate HR team supporting a variety of HR initiatives and programs including but not limited to; Onboarding, Employee Experiences, and Immigration. This position also supports the global business strategy to create Opportunity to the Next Degree in our Michigan locations.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Act as Onboarding Lead to provide best-in-class candidate experience; Responsible for executing onboarding process from background through employee’s first day.
- Supports employee-related events and programs for local sites.
- Maintains AAP/EEO information for local sites and supports U.S. locations for annual AAP reporting
- Supports HR monthly metrics and reporting
- Manage Student Co-Op and Summer Internship Program. Activities include; attending career fairs, full life-cycle recruitment, and planning Summer Internship Program events
- Support and coordinate employment-based visa process (H1B/L1/TN/Green card)
- Responsible for processing and updating employee changes in HRIS system
- Work closely with HRBP to support the overall business strategy by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, and processes.
- Assists in developing and executing new procedures and policies to continually improve the efficiency of the HR department and organization and to improve employee experience
- The information is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or closely-related field
- 2 years of relevant experience in Human Resources
- Ability to create and sustain relationships throughout the organization enabling productive partnerships.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities by urgency and key deliverable dates
- Demonstrates a “can-do” mindset
- HRIS Databases, SuccessFactors knowledge preferred.
- Prior experience managing the onboarding process
- Employment-based immigration experience
- Ability to communicate in both written and oral forms with all levels of the organization.
NICE TO KNOW
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBLITIES: None
- Deliver Results
- Understand the mission and output of your team; set SMART objectives and deliver
- Drive Change
- Focus on agility and commitment to continuous improvement; Understand and act on internal and external drivers of change
- Build Capability
- Foster a culture of learning and development; Support individual growth through continuous feedback to achieve personal and professional goals
- Cultivate Innovation
- Openly embrace, create, implement and support new and innovative ideas, processes and technology that deliver business results
- Deliver Results
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. Gentherm is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.