Website Behavioral Health Group - BHG
Behavioral Health Group (BHG), is the largest single-specialty addiction treatment practice in the country with over 900 clinical providers and associates. By joining our team, you will participate in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment. As an organization we are mission focused on delivering the highest quality in patient care and you will have the opportunity to support our talented clinical team. We extend this same commitment to quality to our employees through support of resources and tools that will ensure we win in the healthcare marketplace in support of BHG.
At BHG, we are committed to the belief that addiction is a brain disease, not a moral failing. We are committed to treatment that embodies Hope, Respect, and Caring.
The Human Resources Intern performs various tasks to assist with the daily operations of the Human Resources Department including recruitment, onboarding, benefits and payroll administration, employee records maintenance, training and development and legal compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for first-level or tier 1 support by responding to basic Human Resources policy, payroll and benefits questions and assisting hiring managers with navigating the ATS and HRIS systems.
- Manages inquiries, requests and simple cases from various departments and appropriately escalates complex cases.
- Supports duties related to the recruitment process including job postings, coordinating interviews and screening candidates.
- Responsible for monitoring background checks, drug screens and tracking the onboarding process of all new hires through iCIMS.
- Assists with the credentialing process of new and current team members.
- Assists with the performance review and termination processes.
- Maintains employee files as to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- The highest ethical and professional standards. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Human Resources laws, procedures and organization policies, procedures and systems.
- HR & benefits knowledge, technology, and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public and staff presentations.
- Superior personal computer skills including mastery of Microsoft Office products and data base programs.
- Well organized, capable of juggling multiple projects and accustomed to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and independently with both clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Coaches and enforces appropriate documentation and follow up by HR.
- Excellent analytical, judgment and decision-making skills.
Minimum Education And Experience Requirements
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program from an accredited University.