Website Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About The Job
IT Services provides the infrastructure that will drive business growth, agility, innovation, process excellence, customer experience & global reach for TI. IT Services is strategically positioned to be the engine for TI’s growth. The organization supports TI’s applications and technology infrastructure for the company’s critical design, sales, manufacturing, finance, operations and security functions.
When you join the IT Services organization, you will broaden your perspective and learn the IT organizations and cultures, and build a strong network and develop cross functional skills. You will gain exposure to the variety of IT roles by having meaningful assignments from the start- because nothing beats real-world experience.
Put your talent to work with Texas Instruments – change the world, love your job!
IT Interns at TI have the opportunity to gain experience through different functions across IT such as:
Analysts partner with business and project stakeholders to see where process issues intersect with IT systems and develop solutions. These can range across all key functions at TI including chip design, manufacturing, sales, logistics, security, and business intelligence.
- Leverage your technical background and knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle to own multiple pieces of a project including: use case development, requirements gathering, testing, and documentation
- Develop and execute robust test plans to cover all phases of testing including unit, integration, and user acceptance testing.
- Provide data-driven insights and recommendations using data analysis tools such as spreadsheets, database queries, or other reporting tools
- Regularly communicate project status and key milestones to project sponsors and IT leadership
- Develop and deliver communications and user training material
- Create or assist with deployment plans and eventual transition of the solution to Run/Maintain support
- Additionally you will support and enhance various Run/Maintain processes through data analysis and regular monitoring
Application developers design, code, and deploy new applications and enhancements that solve TI business needs. They work in a variety of spaces including web development, manufacturing automation, and data analytics.
- Collaborate with project team members and stakeholders to translate business requirements into documented technical specifications, architecture and requirements
- Use a variety of programming languages, scripting languages, and middleware tools including such as C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Boomi, and SAP Process Orchestration
- Monitor and support existing applications across operating systems including Windows and Unix / Linux
- Create and execute unit testing and integration testing plans. Support user acceptance testing
- Partner with the IT infrastructure and security teams to harden and secure the application environments
Systems And Infrastructure Integration Specialist
As an infrastructure specialist, your role is to understand and make computers, storage, databases, mainframe, endpoints, networks, and applications work together as a system to create business value.
- Understand how each component of the system functions, and how each component interacts with the other components that comprise the system.
- Leverage your understanding of software development methodology to see the system as ‘code’, automating the interactions of the components until a system is achieved.
- Define, develop, test, and deploy new IT solutions (or systems) in the cloud and on premise
- Develop subject matter expertise to troubleshoot and resolve complex support issues in IT domains such as manufacturing control systems, collaboration tools, high performance computing, virtualization stacks, analytics environments and networking
- Partner with business application teams to design, optimize, and enhance system solutions to meet impactful business priorities
- Research and provision new technology solutions to meet the dynamic needs of our business
- Key infrastructure roles include network specialists to support system connectivity, database administrators to optimize performance with applications, and mainframe specialists to build and maintain interfaces
- Currently pursuing a BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or a related field
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Basic understanding of web development, programming (C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, R, SQL) and scripting
- Basic understanding of Networks, Operating systems (Windows, Unix) and Databases
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to handle ambiguity
- Ability to comprehend complex technical challenges
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age. Information Technology