Omnitracs, LLC is the source for private and for-hire fleets seeking fleet management solutions, including software applications, platforms, and information services. Our intuitive technologies, including solutions for safety and compliance, driver retention, GPS fleet tracking, and fleet maintenance software, can help you solve common fleet problems and achieve your fleet management objectives. With thousands of trucking customers across the Americas, Omnitracs leads the way for fleet management solutions.
The System Support Group Intern (Information Technology Intern) will assist with the management and monitoring of SSG enterprise applications. Specific projects will focus on aspects of the datacenter consolidation effort, including maintaining migration schedules, improving application knowledgebase, and quantifying disaster recovery plans.
- Assist with the management and monitoring of System Support Group Enterprise Application
- Assist with Omnitracs’ Data Center Consolidation Effort
- Maintain Migration Schedules
- Improve application knowledgebase
- Quantify Disaster Recovery Plans
- Deliver on other projects as needed
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree inInformation Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Programming, Computer Science, or other related major
- Troubleshooting Windows and Linux OS level issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot applications and network services from end to end to include but not limited to technologies such as JBOSS, Postgres, Jasper and Apache
- Understanding of relational databases
- Clear understanding of change control
- Knowledge of vulnerability and patch management
- Knowledge in security best practices
- Knowledge on scripting languages to automate tasks
- Knowledge of High Availability environment configuration
- Knowledge of design for mission critical virtual infrastructure for enterprise applications
- Procedural recommendations to optimize the utilization of virtual infrastructure.
- Perform migrations of Windows and Linux based operating systems.
- Knowledge of distributed network designs
- Knowledge of containers technologies (Kubernetes and/or OpenShift)
- Personal and professional development
- 1:1 Mentorship Opportunities
- Executive Speaker Series
- Fun and engaging social events
- Rated the “Standout Virtual Internship Program of 2020” by WayUp
May 2021 – August 2021 (9 weeks-Remote)
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial, or local municipal law.
- Computer Software
- Information Technology