Website FedEx Services
This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern’s academic degree. Under direct supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
High School graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two years towards a college degree. Has completed a undergraduate degree or currently enrolled as undergraduate or graduate student in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Information Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, Analytics, or other related majors.
Full-time internship opportunity in the Memphis, TN area from June 2021 to August 2021.
Under close supervision, the successful candidate will engage in work on a variety of accounting-related disciplines such as account reconciliations, variance analysis, lease review, payroll processing, disbursements, configuration and support of corporate administrative systems and processes.
Knowledge and skills considered a plus
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Research and evaluation skills utilizing the internet and surveys.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use MS Office tools such as Project, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Basic accounting knowledge/skills including knowledge of general ledger, payroll, and/or disbursements.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student at junior year or above or graduate student majoring in Accounting, Finance, Business, or other related discipline.
- Ideally, a student should be graduating within 12 months of completing the internship and available for full-time employment.
Resume Should Include The Following Information
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing and any previous undergraduate or graduate degrees:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
Expected Internship Program Timeline
- Interviews typically occur October-January.
- Offers are typically extended October-February.
- Internship occurs early June-mid-August.
The Memphis, TN area
Relocation assistance not available
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee, unless undue hardship or a direct threat would result from the accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.