Website Solar Turbines
The Solar Digital team is a growing and evolving organization,
developing and deploying innovative and robust technology
solutions for remotely connecting to and monitoring Solar and
Turbomach turbomachinery packages globally, as part of a
comprehensive Connected Product Strategy supporting
Equipment Health Management.
This individual will be part of a highly motivated, dynamic,
business-technology team from both Customer Services and IT,
located in both San Diego, CA and Novazzano, Switzerland. More
specifically, the team includes employees such as Diagnostic
Engineers, Functional Architects, Fleet Managers, Software
Engineers, and Network Engineers.
This position is responsible to research and contribute to the
development of next-generation algorithms for analytics that will
drive value for Solar and its customers through the use of
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Degree must be STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering,and Math) related.
- Overall GPA of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Overall 3.0 GPA out of a 4.0 scale.
- Previous software engineering internship or relevant schoolwork.
- Database experience: SQL
- Business Intelligence Visualization: Tableau, AWS Quicksite, PowerBI , or Qlik Sense.
- Experience performing exploratory and targeted data analysis.
- Has high energy and result-oriented approach.
- Demonstrated success in executing projects to schedules and deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Works effectively within a collaborative and cooperative team environment.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries.
- Flexible and out of the box thinking.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (bothwritten and verbal).
- Passion for turning data into action.
Auto req ID
Solar Turbines Incorporated
Internship – Non-engineering
Minimum Education Level
High School Diploma
Minimum Years Experience
Less than 1
Position Category External
None to minimal
Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the country in which this position is located. For information on employment eligibility in the United States, please visit the U.S. Immigration Services website.
This position does not qualify for relocation.
Solar Turbines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, 401k, incentive bonus, tuition reimbursement and professional development/advancement opportunities.
Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1 to 22 megawatts).
Solar’s customers put the company’s products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products.
Solar’s foundation is people and Solar’s culture is one where individual contributions are valued, diversity in the workplace is encouraged, and safety is emphasized in all aspects of the business. Solar Turbines is comprised of a dedicated and multi-talented workforce of more than 7,000 employees with decades of experience working as a global team.
Solar Turbines is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply. Solar Turbines conducts Drug Screens and Background Checks.