Edelman Los Angeles is looking for an Intern to assist members of our Finance team with various financial analyses and reporting projects. Assisting with analyzing and organizing a wide variety of planning and budgeting documents is a major focal point of this role. Ad hoc reporting and analytical tasks are also to be expected.
- Develop and utilize spreadsheets, databases and other computer applications
- Manage specialized information, reports, forms dealing with fees, billing, tracking of projects, etc.
- Maintain the integrity of the client structure within the financial system of the company
- Open/close job codes and create purchase orders
- Monitor, track and maintain resource movement within a given practice group or department
- Enter information into the financial accounting system of the company
- Provide any necessary ad hoc support to finance managers and business unit executives as needed
This is a full time (40hr/week) paid internship position. Our interns are post-graduates and work a full-time schedule (Mon-Fri, 8 30am-5 00pm). The internship is generally a 3-month program, but can be extended to a maximum of 6 months. Edelman does not provide any form of housing or transportation reimbursement.
- Recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or finance and is looking for entry-level experience.
- Expertise in numbers and good math skills with the ability to problem solve
- Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis
- Must be able to collect, evaluate and interpret data, in both statistical and narrative form
- Capable of entering and verifying data, preparing files and maintaining records and documentation
- Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid knowledge of computers and MS Office Suite with a demonstrated ability to become proficient in Excel
- Must be detail oriented and able to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines
- Well organized and able to prioritize tasks and manage time in order to follow through on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- A general understanding of the public relations and marketing industry is a plus