Based in beautiful Irvine, California, we are CalAmp, the pure-play pioneering leader in the mobile connected economy and broader Internet of Things (IoT) marketplace. We offer solutions that provide visibility and traceability of mobile assets, their passengers and contents anywhere in the world at any moment in time. In the process, we enable more efficient utilization of assets and natural resources, assure the safety of precious cargo, and improve road safety to save lives.
Currently, we are offering a Product Management Internship to help us productize our solutions for both developers and partners. Solutions to help them easily consume IoT data through our platform APIs, and offer their solutions through an eCommerce/marketplace experience, as well as enable a self-service purchase experience for CalAmp customers.
It’s an exciting opportunity that will enable a motivated candidate to show us their passion and ability to execute, and deliver real results to help grow a new segment of our business. The internship candidate will be able to join in the following product management functions:
- Drive outcome-oriented thinking to help solve the needs of CalAmp Partners.
- Capture and validate clear and actionable product needs and critical use cases.
- Partner with the broader product management team to capture the most critical “day 1 experience” needs for our customers when buying and consuming CalAmp products including our telematic services, our enabling CTC Platform and iOn.
- Document and prioritize the initiatives, and supporting feature/functionality requirements by engaging customers and cross-functional teams including Customer Success, Product Development, Operations, and other product managers to support the primary objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Partner with Product Marketing and our Field Application Engineers to create user-friendly content for pitching, educating and helping our users, use our solutions.
- Assist marketing team with product press releases, website content, product alerts & promotion
- Research and maintain a repository of applicable product competitive analyses for product roadmap planning and positioning
- Currently pursuing, or completed, technical degree (Engineering or Computer Science)
- Software/SaaS experience.
- MBA or Product Management experience and/or training
- Detail-oriented but can also see the big picture
- Basic understanding of product life cycle from product conception, development, to launch, and EOL
- Strong communication skills; engaging personality, and proven experience with presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of prioritization process, and ability to negotiate and drive alignment.
- Strong sense of urgency, and passion to meet customer’s needs.
- High level of integrity and work ethics
- MBA in progress (or recent graduate)
- Experience with API based products
- Telematics/IOT awareness and interest
If you live in or near Irvine or Carlsbad, California, and are interested in a Summer internship with an industry-leading IoT company, we want to speak with you. Please apply now as we expect our Summer Interns to start in early June.