Concurrences is a legal publishing company based in Paris and New York. Concurrences cultivates scholarship and discussion on US/EU antitrust issues through publications and conferences. Each publication and event is supervised by editorial boards and scientific or steering committees to ensure independence, objectivity and academic excellence. We deliver our content to companies, law firms, economic consultancy firms, and law schools. Our subscribers include most antitrust agencies, major international law firms, corporations and university libraries. For more information about Concurrences activities visit our website at concurrences.com.
The position is available from September to December 2020, with a possibility of renewal to be determined at the end of the 1st period. The compensation is $1,500 gross per month for full-time interns. Applicant should be based in New York City.
The Intern will:
- Collaborate with the team to promote Concurrences events through social media and email blasts;
- Collaborate with the team to organize events in the U.S. and Asia;
- Assist with event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation, and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations;
- Report on the status and progress of events to the Managing Editor;
- Collaborate with Concurrences Editorial team worldwide as needed.
Skills and Experience
Candidate should have some of the following skills and experience:
- Close attention to detail;
- Command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English;
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of academics, private law firm attorneys, in-house counsels and the legal publishing market;
- Ability to work well with people from different cultures and backgrounds;
- Basic knowledge of Zoom would be a plus;
- Basic antitrust law knowledge would be a plus.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.