Who We are
January AI is a precision health company based in Menlo Park, Ca. Founded in 2017 by veteran Silicon Valley business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and renowned genomicist Mike Snyder, a pioneer in bringing Big Data into personalized medicine, January AI takes a multi-omic approach to (i) understanding the physiology and psychology of the 120 million people on the diabetes spectrum and (ii) developing smart products to help them optimize their blood sugar. By harnessing science, medicine, and machine learning, our technology discovers how diabetes affects people differently and provides specific recommendations to move them to a healthier state.
While multiple technology solutions have appeared in the last decade to address diabetes, innovation has been marginal, making the sector ripe for disruption. We’re leveraging dense data from wearables, smartphones, and digital health; and developed an ontology of 16M food items alongside algorithms like anti-cheat food detection, food recommendations for glycemic load, and 33-hour glucose curve predictions. We also employ social and gamification strategies to keep users engaged with their health and motivated to level up. Together, these tools power our lifestyle intervention programs for improved glucose regulation and metabolic health.
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of doing just a little better than yesterday. We believe that self-improvement is a team sport. That’s why January AI is creating a community of everyday people building their healthy habits, together. January AI is backed, among others, by Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang and Steve Chen, founders of Salesforce, Yahoo! and YouTube. If you’re ready to join our team and help grow this community, please submit your application following the link below.
As a product manager intern at January AI, you will help guide our products from conception to launch. You will bridge the technical and business worlds as you work with stakeholders across different departments to build and ship products that our customers love.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Identify market opportunities for January.ai and define a product vision and strategy to capitalize on these opportunities
- Serve as the voice of January.ai’s customers, identifying customer needs and writing product requirements based on them
- Iterate on existing products based on customer feedback
- Perform competitive research and analysis on the fast-changing consumer health market, high level and feature by feature
- Spearhead the product roadmap for particular feature areas, collaborating with engineering, design, and product marketing to make the roadmap into reality
- Work closely with the engineering team to help find optimal technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedules for product releases
- 2+ years’ experience in product management, preferably working in gaming or on other highly engaging, consumer-facing mobile products
- Currently enrolled in a top 5 MBA program or recent graduate of such a program
- Demonstrated track record of success building, shipping, and iterating on high value products in an agile software development environment
- Ability to understand complex business problems and craft effective strategies to tackle them
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely well organized with the ability to balance multiple concurrent priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Nice to have: familiarity with ML/AI technologies, BS in Computer Science or another related technical discipline
January AI is an equal opportunity employer.
We are a diverse team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We’d love to hear from you! Local candidates preferred. We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.