Aware seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Software Engineer to join its team of software engineers at its headquarters in Bedford, MA. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, experienced software engineer with an understanding of current software development best practices and commercial software development. This position requires a team player with very strong technical skills to develop commercial-grade software based upon Aware’s existing and new product ventures. This position requires an organized individual, adept at implementing complex technical plans as directed. The engineer will possess the personal skills to interface directly with Aware’s customers requiring support and service of Aware’s products
Job Responsibilities The primary job responsibilities will include architecting and developing commercial software products for mobile biometric applications. This includes development of mobile applications and libraries, including image, microphone and sensor acquisition. Development also includes integration of the mobile applications with backend services and packaging for release to customers. The candidate must be able to work independently, research and solve problems quickly, and work effectively with other software developers. Requirements
• experience developing commercial applications
• Full mastery (threading, file/stream IO, collections, etc.) of iOS application development using the Swift programming language
• Significant experience developing code in at least one of the following areas
– C# application development
– C++/Objective C programming
– Android application development
• Strong object-oriented design and development background
• Good understanding and application of design patterns
• Experience with performance optimization of software applications
• Experience in using REST webservice APIs to connect front-end applications to back-end services.
• Knowledge of signal processing and image processing including algorithmic implementation experience helpful.
• Experience in Python and Java programming helpful.