Looking for an internship this summer? Tillys is hiring creative and talented interns to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity that allows eager and driven students to gain hands-on experience in the corporate world. Not only do we want you to learn from this program but we also want you to have fun and pay you to do so!
The Legal department has an opportunity for a talented intern to help support our team through the summer. Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assistance with corporate legal matters, including review of company policies, benchmarking, and corporate governance research
- Preparation of general corporate statements
- Preparation of the company reports
- Assistance with corporate legal matters related to the Board of Directors, such as preparation for Board and Committee meetings
- Preparation of employment agreements and separation agreements
- Litigation support for employment-related claims
- Research and writing in related areas
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong organizational development skills.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, MS Word and Outlook
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Ability to prioritize projects frequently.
- Strong written, verbal, and oral communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills, documentation skills, and people skills are a must.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Internship is best suited for college students or recent graduates majoring in Law, Criminal Justice, Paralegal Studies, Philosophy, Political Science, Social Ecology or related fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Proficient in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, and operate business equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Typical office environment with low level noise exposure.