Website Hayes Software Systems
This position can be done remote.
Hayes Software Systems is an energetic, well-established and rapidly growing, software/SAAS company in the education vertical.
We want to help you build a solid career and future, but we also want you to have fun while you do it.
Combining our established reputation with a culture often associated with startups makes Hayes an environment for talented, energetic, and ambitious people to thrive. We are just getting started.
Why Hayes Software Systems?
Perks: We want to help you build a solid career and we want to make sure you’re having fun while you do it. That’s why we have an open work environment, casual dress, free snacks and drinks, free parking and regularly scheduled social events.
Your Work Matters: Impacting the education system, helping schools stay organized and save money, so they can focus on what really matters: educating students for a brighter future.
We love our interns! Hayes Software is seeking a passionate, innovative, creative thinker with a passion for network administration and technology.
You will be solving interesting problems, you will have the opportunity to learn and network, and you will be guided by mentors who have a vested interest in your success.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems. This includes routine tech support, hardware configuration, new machine installation, and network maintenance.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues using available information resources.
- As assigned, work on auditing various systems and processes. These would include, but are not limited to, Active Directory, Office 365, etc.
- Learn about daily operations in an Information Technology department.
- Additional projects as assigned.
Qualifications And Skills
- Basic computer troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, and Windows 10)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook.
- Excellent communications abilities, both written and verbal
- Customer service attitude
- Have exceptional work ethic, highly efficient and accurate
- Have ability to operate independently and proactively with minimal up front instruction and take ownership of work product; driven, diligent, and self-motivated
- Be trustworthy and discreet with confidential financial and employee data
- EDUCATION: The Information Technology intern should be in pursuit of a degree and have a class schedule which allows a work schedule of 2-3 days each week for approximately 4-5 hours each day.
Compensation And Credits
- Unpaid position
- Eligible to apply for course credits