Your Tasks And Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Production and Data Science Intern, are to:
- Independently perform data analyses and apply statistics, computer programming, predictive modeling acumen to unsolved business goals;
- Drive research laboratory optimization by creating predictive and/or optimization models that enhance the efficiency of labs’ capacity planning and quality detection;
- Create and ensure adoption of predictive/machine learning models that drive Crop Science pipeline decisions;
- Assist with development of new methods and process improvements;
- Integrate solutions into production IT system by partnering with engineering teams and end users to ensure scalability and adoption;
- Form partnerships with cross-functional teams in Bayer (Breeding, Product Supply, IT) to drive unified reporting and optimization of complex workflows that span functions and countries;
- Present compelling, validated stories to all levels of organization, including peers, senior management and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business;
- Provide technical contributions leveraging business acumen in a fast-paced team environment to accelerate our efforts on building an analytics-driven product pipeline.
Who You Are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently pursuing a science, a statistical/mathematical or an engineering Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or Ph.D. degree;
- Intermediate proficiency in complex data analyses, mathematical/statistical modeling and programming skills using R, Python or other statistical programming languages;
- Ability to turn complex data into predictive and prescriptive insights;
- Ability to influence people at varying levels of responsibility.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.