Website Emergent BioSolutions
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Research Associate Intern assists the scientific staff in carrying out research assignments involving a variety of laboratory methods, equipment and procedures. Provides technical or logistical support to other researchers and may conduct research projects under the supervision of other scientific staff. Contributes to maintaining a clean and safe laboratory environment.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Execute bench and cell culture experiments carefully and precisely.
- Make and record detailed observations as experiments are conducted.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all work done in the laboratory.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks in the laboratory related to R&D activities.
- Record inventory changes as supplies and reagents are used.
- Analyze data and interprets results with assistance from other scientists.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries and protocols.
- Present and discuss results of experiments with the department and project teams.
- Work well in a team environment, suggesting creative solutions and providing input to project planning.
- Troubleshoot problems and initiate corrective action.
- Monitor laboratory safety and perform regular safety checks.
- Contribute to maintaining a clean and organized lab space.
- Assist with mouse cage management.
- May contribute to scientific publications.
Minimum Education, Experience, Skills
- Basic understanding of cellular biology, molecular biology and virology
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Basic knowledge of laboratory procedures, techniques, instruments and equipment
- Basic understanding of Universal Precautions and Basic Lab safety
- Ability to repeat a procedure in the laboratory multiple times in the same way
- Works well in a team environment
- Highly self-motivated, with excellent organizational skills and critical-thinking skills.
- Capable of searching scientific literature to gain information about specific topics.
- Skilled with use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
- Ability to contribute to the design and execution of laboratory experiments.
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment Characteristics
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions .
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.