St. Jude Children's Research Hospital - ALSAC
- Due to on-going Covid restrictions and ensuring the safety of our patients on campus, our Summer 2021 internship program will be virtual. Interns will work remotely and be provided ALSAC equipment for the summer program. Relocation and In-Office work is not required.
As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our summer program offers a 10 week fully immersed paid virtual experience. You will be assigned a day to day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
ALSAC Summer Intern Innovation Project: ALSAC named No. 1 on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Best Workplaces for Innovators. You will have a chance to work with ALSAC’s Innovation team and use Design Thinking method to solve for some of our most relevant opportunities. Interns will work in teams, be creative, and participate in weekly sessions to ultimately prepare for the opportunity to present to members of Executive Leadership and CEO.
- Start Date:June 7, 2021
- End Date:August 13, 2021
- Hours:40 hours a week (Monday-Friday)
After you submit your application and if you meet requirements, you will be sent an email to complete a video interview. Your submission will be reviewed and if you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted for a Zoom interview with the hiring manger. Final candidates will be selected by April 25, 2021.
- A passion for our mission!
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Must be comfortable with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
- Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Specific Internship Description And Preferred Skills
- Work with the Finance team to redesign and update sister charity and peer hospital financial analysis.
- Learn the functional accounts payable process focusing on the key controls and risk mitigation efforts that ensure proper safeguards of financial assets.
- Projects will include sister charity and peer hospital financial analysis and participation in Accounts Payable projects such as outstanding payment research and resolution.
- Majors preferred:Accounting and/or General Business.
- Skills preferred:Proficiency using Excel – creating data tables/spreadsheets with filters, using data standardization, creating pivot tables.
- Ability to use internet to navigate to audited financial statements and Form 990s.
- Analytical and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong math skills.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Computer Software
- Financial Services