Asurion’s internship program is a 12-week internship to help rising seniors get a sneak peek into the technology world. Assigned to a team, interns will have their own projects to complete and present to leadership at the end of the summer. The program will provide the intern with a unique strategic perspective, professional and personal development along the way, and experiences to enhance their academic learnings. Our goal is to allow for the intern to make contributions throughout the summer through project work, presentations and networking. Are you ready to join our award-winning virtual internship?
- Open to rising seniors currently enrolled in undergrad pursuing a degree related to internship duties or major below.
- Duration of virtual internship is 12 weeks from May 17th to August 6th 2021.
- Continuous learning and tailored on the job training in technology, product development and/or supply chain management.
- Exposure to senior leadership including but not limited to onboarding, learning and development sessions, and team business case presentations.
- Build an intern community through peer intern groups, mentors, direct intern leaders, senior leadership throughout the summer.
Preferred Majors: Student must be pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, Industrial Engineering or related field, with a graduation date between August 2021 – May 2022
The Team –
This is an awesome opportunity to work hands on with a high performing Supply Chain operations team focused on delivering exceptional customer service to the subscriber base. The Continuous Improvement Specialist role will be responsible for supporting the identification and improvement of business and operational processes within the TLC with a focus on excellence in customer experience (internal and external), safety, efficiency, quality, cost and delivery. As a member of the team, the role will partner with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) and leaders in operations and other key stakeholder groups to drive and deliver improvements.
- Previous internship/coop experiences within supply chain is a plus, but not required
- Strong team-focused individual that create conditions that foster partnerships and mutual support
- Analytical ability, must be able to see opportunities within data and reporting
- Self-motivated, self-managed & driven; ability to work effectively when unsupervised
- Demonstrates profound sense of ownership; accepts responsibility for performance outcomes and results
- Strong in organizational and time management skills
- Microsoft Office skills including Word and Advanced Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills with both large and small audiences
- Identify problems and improvement opportunities within the TLC Operations
- Identify and eliminate/reduce waste (defects, overproduction, waiting, not-utilizing talent, transportation, inventory, motion, excessive processing)
- Establish collaborative relationships with SME’s, leaders, and various groups to drive and deliver improvements through various means (projects, Kaizen events, change management, Closed-loop Corrective Actions, collaborative meetings, etc.)
- Conduct analysis to drive to the Root Cause of issues to deliver robust solutions
- Act as a key team member for new process planning and introduction to ensure lean design and optimized processes are implemented
- Participate and/or facilitate process mapping and brainstorming activities with teams
- Develop measurement systems to quantify and ensure changes/improvements/implementations deliver expected results
- Carry out data collection, time studies, and analysis
- Assist with Standard Work development and modification