Website Exact Sciences
Summary Of Major Responsibilities
The wellness intern is responsible for supporting wellness strategy and initiatives of Exact Sciences Wellness team and committee through the promotion of wellness challenges, lunch and learns, well-being education and biometrics screening support.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Support the marketing and promotion of health and wellness benefits offered to employees and dependents.
- Compile, analyze, and audit data to inform the wellness team of statistics relating to wellness program success, participation, and opportunities.
- Champion wellness initiatives by actively engaging employees in opportunities to get involved and the benefits of involvement in the company’s wellness program.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and event logistics for the wellness team.
- Support the design and implementation of wellness challenges based on monthly or quarterly wellness focus of the organization.
- Compile information and draft employee newsletters, bulletins and online articles.
- Assist with annual employee biometric screenings program and follow up including collecting feedback, analyzing data and reporting.
- Research latest trends in wellness programing and engagement strategies and statistics.
- Support the implementation of new tools and systems.
- Play an active role on wellness committee.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Organized individual who takes initiative and has ability to multitask.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to work on a computer and phone simultaneously.
- Ability to use a telephone through a headset.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Enrollment towards Bachelor’s degree in Health and Wellness Management, Health Education and Science or other related field of study.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.